Do you believe that money can make you happy, or is it the root of all evil?
It is an age-old question, and these 31 insightful money quotes may offer some perspective on the matter.
Regardless of where you stand, one thing is certain: When you’re short on cash, money tends to be all you think about.
Just like how you can’t think about anything else except food when you’re hungry.
According to Austrian psychologist and Holocaust survivor Viktor Frankl, food was the most popular topic among the Auschwitz concentration camp victims in his book, “Man’s Search for Meaning.”
In a similar vein, money may not be everything, but according to Zig Ziglar, it’s certainly close to oxygen.
There is no denying that money is close to oxygen to navigate this world.
The best sayings about money will inspire you to manage your finances well, whether by diving into The 15 Best Financial Books or mastering the art of attracting wealth with these Money Magnet Affirmations.
Don’t forget to also check out my other post, The Best Debt Quotes I Wish I Had Known in My Early 20s.
Quotes About Money and Happiness: The Philosophical Take
1. The Root of All Evil: Lack of Money
The lack of money is the root of all evil.
2. Young and Wise: Oscar Wilde on Money
When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.
3. Money and Happiness: Gertrude Stein’s Shopping Wisdom
Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.
Quotes About Money and Happiness: Celebrity Insights
4. Cardi B’s Take on Money and Heartbreak
I’d rather have money and be broken-hearted than be broke and broken-hearted.
5. Success and Money: Lana Turner’s Perspective
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Quotes About Money and Happiness: Financial Gurus Speak
6. Becoming a Millionaire: Gina Rinehart’s Advice
There is no monopoly on becoming a millionaire. If you’re jealous of those with more money, don’t just sit there and complain – do something to make more money yourself.
Gina Rinehart advises taking action to make more money.
If you’re looking for practical ways to increase your wealth, check out our post on “6 Ways to Turn Desires into Financial Wealth and Success.“
7. Attracting Money: Jim Rohn’s Insight
Money is usually attracted, not pursued.
8. Making Money as a Complementary Hobby: Scott Alexander
Making money is a hobby that will complement any other hobbies you have, beautifully.
9. Capital for Betterment: Henry Ford’s Philosophy
The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life.
10. Money and Happiness: Muhammad Yunus’ Perspective
Making money is a happiness. And that’s a great incentive. Making other people happy is a super-happiness.
11. FDR on Money and the Joy of Achievement
Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Franklin D. Roosevelt’s quote emphasises the joy of achievement and creative effort.
To cultivate a healthy financial mindset that focuses on more than just money, read our post “How to Love and Respect Money: Cultivating a Healthy Financial Mindset.“
12. Pride in Accomplishment: Ray Kroc’s View on Money
All money means to me is a pride in accomplishment.
Quotes About Money and Happiness: The Emotional Connection
13. Money and Life Necessities: Zig Ziglar’s Thoughts
Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the ‘gotta have it’ scale.
14. Building Generational Wealth: Robert Kiyosaki’s Advice
It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.
Quotes About Money and Happiness: The Practical Side
15. Joe Biden on Budget and Values
Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.
16. Thomas Jefferson’s Wise Spending Advice
Never spend your money before you have it.
17. Enjoying Wealth: Benjamin Franklin’s Wisdom
Wealth is not his that has it, but his that enjoys it.
Benjamin Franklin’s quote reminds us that wealth is truly enjoyed when it’s used well.
To learn more about using money effectively, discover “The Best Budgeting System: A Beginner’s Guide
18. Borrowing Money: Nathan W. Morris’ Caution
Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self.
Nathan W. Morris
19. Investing and Excitement: Paul Samuelson’s Take
Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.
20. Gaining Control Over Money: Dave Ramsey’s Guidance
You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.
21. Rich People’s Priorities: Zig Ziglar’s Observation
Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.
22. Spending Money Wisely: Will Rogers’ Perspective
Too many people spend money they earned..to buy things they don’t want..to impress people that they don’t like.
23. Saving Early: Jack Benny’s Financial Tip
Try to save something while your salary is small; it’s impossible to save after you begin to earn more.
24. The Importance of Money in Old Age: Tennessee Williams
You can be young without money but you can’t be old without it.
25. Money as a Servant: P.T. Barnum’s View
Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.
26. Earning and Using Money: Frank A. Clark’s Advice
Many folks think they aren’t good at earning money, when what they don’t know is how to use it.
Frank A. Clark
27. Time and Money: Zig Ziglar’s Outlook
Time well-spent results in more money to spend, more money to save, and more time to vacation.
28. Banks and Borrowing: Robert Frost’s Witty Take
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
29. Time Management and Money: Sophia Amoruso’s Advice
The time making money should be greater than the time that you are spending money.
30. George Burns on Making Money
Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.
31. Time as Currency: Christopher Rice’s Wisdom
Everyday is a bank account, and time is our currency. No one is rich, no one is poor, we’ve got 24 hours each.
Final Thoughts: Striking a Balance Between Wealth and Happiness
As these money and happiness quotes demonstrate, wealth has the power to both elevate and complicate our lives.
While money can’t buy everything, it plays a significant role in our well-being and ability to pursue our passions.
As you reflect on these words of wisdom, consider how you can cultivate a healthy relationship with money and strive for a balanced, fulfilling life.
These money and happiness quotes truly illustrate that while wealth can bring joy and open doors, it also has the potential to complicate our lives.
Money might not have the power to buy everything, but it undeniably influences our well-being and the pursuit of our dreams.
As you ponder these insightful words, think about how you can nurture a wholesome connection with money and work towards a harmonious, satisfying life.
You May Also Enjoy…
Share this post ❤ 😊 🙏