I used to think affirmations were frivolous words.
Since I’ve immersed myself in personal growth, though, I’ve learned how ignorant I had been.
When I stumbled upon world-renowned therapist Marisa Peer’s TED talk, I was completely sold!
I was also super surprised she’s an advocate of one mantra I wrote about long before I heard about her.
That was a pretty amazing coincidence.
Her TED talk was enlightening and very informative about how our mind/ brain works and how we can rewire it.
If you don’t have enough time or patience to read through this post, please do yourself one massive favour and watch her TED talk.
The way you feel about everything all the time is down to two things. The pictures in your head and the words you say to yourself.
– Marisa Peer
I’ve come across many successful people talking about “pictures in our head” and “the stories we tell ourselves”.
The more I read about it, the more it made sense.
Every one of us is born equal as a human. That’s as equal as we can get.
From then on, all bets are off.
We’re left at the mercy of our environments: our parents, relatives, social circles and socioeconomic status.
The collective experiences from the environments shape us to become the present self.
By the time we start making our own decisions, we do almost everything based on what we learned as a child.
Decide to Put Different Pictures
Imagine growing up being told “stupid or not going to amount to anything” all the time.
It would be incredibly hard to rewire our brain to say:
I’m amazing. I’m good enough.
But it’s not impossible.
My humble wish with this post is, through watching the above TED talk or reading this blog, today is the day you DECIDE to change the story you tell yourself.
Below are 25 life-changing affirmations that can help you start your new story.
Let’s plant new seeds today by putting different pictures in our mind.
Start telling the story we want to tell ourselves instead of what others insisted upon us.
♣ Since this post, I’ve read a life-altering book called What to Say When You Talk to Yourself by Dr. Shad Helmstetter. Among many other things, I learned 16 wonderful self-talks from the book. You can read them here.
Choose to Admire Ourselves
Whether in real life or online, I bet you have someone you admire.
Admiring someone is a choice.
Which means you can choose to admire yourself too!
I’m sure you’ve said something like:
Wow, she’s amazing.
Well, we can choose to say the same thing about ourselves, right?
I encourage you to admire yourself as much as you admire your heroes and mentors, if not more.
Repeating any of the below 25 affirmations every day will help you do just that!
Let’s write a new story and make our own bestseller we never get tired of reading.
2. I’m so blessed: my life is amazing.
3. I love myself.
4. I’m amazing and awesome.
5. I’m full of energy and have tons of ideas to make my life even more wonderful.
6. I have a great relationship with my family and friends. I love them so much.
7. I deserve everything my good life has to offer.
8. I become more lovable every day.
9. I always keep promises I make to myself.
10. I love learning and I’m a quick learner.
11. I love my life.
12. I love taking responsibility for my life.
13. I love my body.
14. I respect others’ opinions about me and what I do, but I know me the best. I always thank them and move on.
15. Today is yet the best day of my life.
16. I’m thankful for the lessons I learned from the past mistakes, and I’m so excited about my future.
17. I treat everyone with respect and care as I want to be treated.
18. My heart is full of love and empathy.
19. I’m open-minded and accept people as they are.
20. I attract lots of positive people around me who help and encourage each other.
21. I’m a good listener and a great communicator.
22. I’m grateful for all the love in my life.
23. I’m super healthy: I give the best nutrition to my body.
24. I have full of positive thoughts.
25. I’m so grateful for all the little things that put a smile on my face.
Don’t feel pressured to speak loud all of them every day.
Pick one, two or a few.
Say them as often as you can. Change up.
Talk lovingly to yourself every day.
The wonderful realisation will soon hit you like a hurricane that all that truly matters is really the story we tell ourselves and, with it, we create our own reality.
♣ You seriously don’t want to miss out on this 16 WONDERFUL Self-Talk to Build Self-Esteem (and Boost Your Confidence).
Would you like to learn more about how to talk to yourself in the right way? Below are the best books to read:
Share this post:
You Might Also Enjoy…
- One Powerful Mantra That will Change Your Life Forever
- 68 Negative Self-Talk Examples to AVOID at All Costs
- 6 Simple Ways to Grow Your Self-Esteem