Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
When was the last time you attempted to get to know you really well?
Self-awareness is a crucial part of our personal development journey.
It’s a process that enables us to understand ourselves and decide which path we want to go.
Below I have 30 questions to get to know yourself well for you.
We hardly spend the time on introspection owing to endless distractions in our daily life.
Or maybe we’re avoiding it because we may not like what we see and learn about ourselves.
Only when you know yourself well, you can create a life that suits YOU.
There’s nothing worse than getting caught up in what others do or are good at.
The right answers are always within you.
Grab your journal or a notepad and pen, find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed, and work through these 30 questions to get to know yourself.
Write your answers to each question quickly and honestly and enjoy getting to know you.
And discover the path you are meant to go.
The more you know yourself by answering these questions, the better choices you make hence creating a better life.
Don’t read them through and think over in your head.
Writing them down gives you clarity, a better understanding and clear direction.
30 Questions to Get to Know Yourself Well
1. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with your life right now? (10 being the highest)
2. What area of your life do you feel the best and why?
3. What area of your life do you feel the worst and why?
4. When was the last time you laughed out loud? What and who made you laugh? What were you doing?
5. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
6. If you had 30 days left to live, what would you do?
7. Who is your mentor or hero? What do you admire about the person? If you have several, list them all, and write about the qualities that inspire you.
8. List three words that describe your character in your memoir.
9. What does your ideal day look like?
10. If you had an opportunity to teach, what would you teach?
11. If you could hire one person to help you, what would she help you with?
12. What was your favourite subject at school?
13. What three things do you think of the most each day?
14. What are you most proud of?
15. What are you most afraid of?
A year from now you may wish you had started today.
– Karen Lamb
16. Looking back from your future, what would you like to have started today?
17. What hardships or challenges did you overcome? And how did you do it?
18. What did you want to be when you were younger?
19. What one habit would you like to start?
20. What one bad habit would you like to break?
21. What makes you feel great about yourself?
22. What does success mean to you?
23. What excites you most and brings out the best in you?
24. What practical skill do you wish you had and why?
25. What blogs and books do you love to read?
26. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?
27. When was the last time you lost track of time? What were you doing?
28. If you could solve one problem in the world, what would it be?
29. On your deathbed, what memory would you like to have?
30. How would you want to be remembered when you’re gone?
What’s important to you in your 20s may not be so in 30s or 40s.
We change, grow, and evolve.
No matter what stage of life you’re at, knowing you well will help you make the right choices and guide you through the life path you are meant to go.
Check in on yourself regularly with these questions to get to know yourself and enjoy it more each time you do.
Read your answers and see how you’re evolving.
Re-evaluate routines, habits, goals and dreams and live the life you are meant to live.
My Favourite Writing Tools
Grammarly (Free) – a great writing tool. Help you with spelling and grammar errors. It’s SO worth it even if all you do is writing an email or on social media.
BlueHost – get a super easy and reliable hosting plan from BlueHost. They also give you a free domain name for one year. Sign up here and start your blog in a few minutes.
Namecheap – get a dirt-cheap domain name if you change your mind and fancy a new domain name later (like I did).
Mailerlite – another must-have to create email marketing campaigns: sign up forms, landing pages, surveys and so on; free up to 1,000 subscribers.
Share this post:
You Might Also Enjoy…
- Why Everyone can be a Life Coach
- This is How You Start Your Personal Development Journey
- 100 30-Day Challenge Ideas that will Change Your Life